Public Notices - March 15, 2014Issue # 11
Not a legal posting: agenda may be amended after press time
New Shoreham Town Council Agenda
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island
Wednesday, March 19, 2014
1. Continued Public Hearing: Act on proposed amendment to the TNS Zoning Ordinance
relating to Solar Energy Systems
2. Report on meeting with DEM re: Deer Management Project
3. Discuss and act on TNS comment and position re: USF&W public comment period regarding“West Beach Sand Trail”
4. Receive and act on Committee for the Great Salt Pond update
5. Receive and act on TNS Police Department monthly reports: January & February 2014
6. Receive and act of Chief Carlone’s letter re: lights and locks initiative (bicycles)
7. Receive and act on monthly Finance Report: February 2014
8. Receive and act on request re: Cemetery Lot swap
9. Receive and act on Narragansett Council Boy Scouts of America request re: special
temporary permit for portable restrooms at Camp Sandsland
10. Review and act on joining with the City of Newport in adopting a resolution re:
encouraging RI Congressional Delegation to develop sustainable funding of Federal
Highway Trust Fund
11. Boards, Committees & Commissions
12. Correspondence: RI DEM re: Project priority lists; State Planning Council re: Public Notice
Individuals requesting services for the deaf and hard of hearing must call (401) 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711 Posted:
New Shoreham Town Council
Budget Work Session/Public Hearings 2014
Town Hall, Old Town Road
Members of the public are welcome and encouraged to attend.
•Budget Work Session: Tuesday, March 18, 2014 (School, Community Support and Capital)
•Budget Work Session: Monday, March 24, 2014
•Budget Work Session: Monday, April 2, 2014 (if needed)
•Budget Public Hearing/Adoption of Warrant: Wednesday, April 16, 2014
The schedule is subject to change depending upon progress. Meetings may be added. Please check the Town’s website new-shoreham.com or call the Town Clerk’s Office at 466-3200.
Financial Town Meeting: Monday, May 5, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. at the Block Island School
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the deaf and hard of hearing must call (401) 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711. Posted March 12, 2014/FF
Historic District Commission Meeting
Monday, March 17, 2014
Town Hall, Old Town Road
A. Call to Order
B. Matters from the Public not on the Agenda
C. Approval of Minutes
D. Sign Application:
1. James Brouillard. Plat 6, Lot 31. Application by Offshore Property to install new signs.
E. Preliminary Review:
1. Scot V. Hallberg. Plat 6, Lot 6. Application by Sweenor Builders, Inc. to remove existing foundation, construct new 28’x36’ 4 bedroom, mansard roof house with porches.
F. Final Review:
1. Interstate Nav. Plat 6, Lot 151. Application by Howell Conant to replace existing deteriorated fence.
G. Island Marine Corp. Plat 5, Lot 66. Ratify the modification of the awning at Dead Eye Dick’s.
Receipt of a letter dated January 23, 2014 from Virginia Hesse, Historical Preservation & Heritage Commission to Glen Fontecchio re: Spring House Historic Preservation Easement and Condensing Units.
I. Old Business
Update on Sign Enforcement Plan.
*Individuals requesting interpreter services for the deaf and hard of hearing must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711
Posted: 3/12/2014 tlc
Notice of Public Hearing
Proposed Addition to New Shoreham General Ordinances
Chapter 1 General Provisions
Sections 1-15 “General penalty”
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island
Monday, April 7, 2014, 2014
The New Shoreham Town Council will hold a Public Hearing on April 7, 2014 to consider amending section Chapter 1 Section 15 of the Town of New Shoreham General Ordinances “General Penalty.” The proposed ordinance amendment appears below. Proposed deletions are stricken (like this) and proposed additions appear underlined (like this). At the public hearing, all persons for or against may be heard and the Town Council may act on this proposal and/or amendments hereto.
Sec. 1-15. - General penalty.
Except where otherwise provided in this Revision, whenever in this Revision or in any ordinance of the town any act is prohibited or is made or declared to be unlawful or an offense, or whenever in this Revision or ordinance the doing of any act is required or the failure to do any act is declared to be unlawful, where no specific penalty is provided therefor, the violation of any such provision of this Revision or any ordinance shall be punished by a fine not exceeding $500.00 and cost of prosecution or by imprisonment not exceeding 30 days, or by both such fine and imprisonment, and/or require restitution in cases involving property damage or personal injury in an amount up to $2,500.00 and/or voluntary community service for a town or city agency for not more than ten days for any one offense, two hundred dollars ($200) or by imprisonment not exceeding three (3) months, unless other penalties therefor, or penalties within other limits, are specially prescribed by statute, to be prosecuted by some officer appointed for that purpose, and to be recovered to the use of the town or of such person and in such proportions, as they in their said ordinances and regulations shall designate. Each day any violation of any provision of this Revision or of any ordinance shall continue shall constitute a separate offense. Individuals requesting interpreter services for the deaf or hard of hearing must call (401) 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711.
Posted: March 12, 2014
Hearing:April 7, 2014
Fiona Fitzpatrick, Town Clerk
ZONING MODIFICATION REQUEST
Hill, Henry P. and Carol W. Plat 17, Lot 31. Zoning Modification request to construct a new addition onto a prior-existing Single Family Dwelling. The proposed new addition will be located eighteen feet three inches (18’3”) from the eastern property line of Lot 31. A twenty five (25) foot setback is required from the side of a property in the Residential B (RB) Zoning District. If no written objections are received from directly abutting property owners by March 28, 2014 the Modification will be granted.
Marc A. Tillson
Town of New Shoreham