Public Notices - July 6, 2013Issue #27
This year’s bi-annual transplant is scheduled for July 10. It will be necessary to close all of GSP to shellfishing for a period of 10 days (July 10 - 20) in order to allow the new quahogs to “dig in”. The closure will begin at noon the day of the transplant and reopen on the sunrise of July 20th. These dates are subject to change.
Block Island Land Trust
Monday, July 8, 2013, 3:15 p.m.
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island, RI
3:15 PM – Open Session:
1. Public Input
a. Ocean View: Annual OVF Stewardship Letter
b. K&H Property: Harbormaster Plan
c. Fresh Pond/Smilin’ Through: Owner Request to Make Exterior Changes
b. Heinz Field
c. Solviken Property
d. Hyland Property
e. Ballard’s Beach Access
3. Treasurer’s Report: June 2013
4. Secretary’s Report
5. Approval of Minutes: June 10, 2013 (open and closed)
6. 3:40 PM – Closed Session: Acquisitions, Litigation *
7. Motion(s) as a result of closed session discussion
Next Meeting: Monday, August 5, 2013
*This item may be held in Closed Session pursuant to RIGL 42-46-5(5) (acquisitions: confidential at this time), RIGL 42-46-5(2) (litigation: updates for Champlin’s Marina Expansion –RI Supreme Court Case #2009-113,114,115-M.P.; and Ballard’s Easement matter).
Those requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call (401) 466-3200
48 hours prior to meeting date. TTY: 711.
Posted: July 3, 2013
The Planning Board Meeting
Wednesday, July 10, 2013
7:00 P.M. @ Town Hall, Old Town Road
Block Island, RI 02807
1. Phelan, Blake. Plat 10, Lot 23-1. Application for a Minor Subdivision of property off of Payne Road.
2. Littlefield, Albert Revocable Trust and Littlefield, Jane Revocable Trust. Plat 7, Lots 91 & 92. Application for an Administrative Subdivision of property off High Street.
3. Payne’s Harbor View Inn. Plat 5, Lot 111. Public Hearing for an Application by Carole Payne for Development Plan Review pursuant to Sections 310 and 409 of the New Shoreham Zoning Ordinance, which provide for restaurants accessory to an Inn in the Mixed Use Zone.
4. Merkler, William and McAloon, Shannon. Plat 9. Lot 58. Public Informational Hearing for the Master Plan stage for a Major Subdivision to create six (6) lots. The property is located off Payne Road and Mohegan Trail.
5. Gaffett, Lewis and Nathaniel. Plat 7, Lots 159-1, 159-2, 165 and 160; Plat 10 Lots 68-6 & 68-7. Public Hearing for Minor Subdivision for the Elimination of ROW on Plat 10 Lot 68-6 and Plat 7, Lot 159-1; creation of relocated Right of Way on Plat 7, Lot 159-1 to access Plat 10 Lot 68-7.
6. Discussion of a letter from the Old Harbor Task Force regarding merchandise displays outside downtown stores.
7. Review of proposed amendments to the subdivision regulations regarding flexible design residential development.
8. Determination of schedule for Planning Board review of comprehensive plan update and proposed zoning amendments.
9. Approval of Minutes
THE PLANNING BOARD’S POLICY IS TO ADJOURN AT 10:30 P.M. Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY:711 JBB 7/1/13
of hearings on an applications for Variances, Special Use Permits an Appeals under the Zoning Ordinance.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town of New Shoreham Zoning Board of Review will be in session at the Town Hall, Old Town Road on Wednesday, July 24, 2013 at 6:00 PM for a regular meeting.
All persons interested will be heard for or against the granting of the following applications under the Zoning Ordinances:
1. Warden’s Pond of BI, LLC and Block Island Holdings, LLC. Plat 13, Lots 14-1 and 14-2. Application for a Variance from Section 306 (C) for an Administrative Subdivision to adjust lot lines. The Variance is necessary because one lot is being diminished in size.
2. Wall, Robert and Tara. Plat 18, Lot 45-2. Application for a Variance from Section 306(C) for construction of a deck and exterior stairs.
Request for Proposals
The Town of New Shoreham is seeking bids to furnish and install a concrete slab at the Ball- O’Brien Park for the proposed Picnic Shelter.
Plans and specifications are available at the office of the Town Manager and the Town website at www.new-shoreham.com. Bids must be returned to the Office of the Town Manager, P.O. Box 220, Block Island, RI 02807 no later than Monday, July 8, 2013 by 2:00 pm and will be opened and read aloud.
No Bidder may withdraw his Bid within ninety (90) days after the scheduled closing time for receipt of Bid.
The Town reserves the right to reject any and all Bids, waive any informalities in the Bids received, and to accept the Bid deemed most favorable to the interest of the Town.
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must notify the Town Clerk (401-466-3200) three (3) business days prior to the Bid opening. EOE
Nancy O. Dodge
Posted: June 26, 2013
NOTICE OF INTENT TO FILE
FOR FEDERAL FINANCIAL
The Town of New Shoreham proposes to file an Application for Federal Financial Assistance with the USDA, Rural Development. This application for financial assistance will be for funding under the Rural Utilities Service, Part 1780, Water and Waste Loans and Grants (CFDA 10,760) and is anticipated to be submitted on or before June 28, 2013. The specific elements of the project include modifications to the wastewater treatment facilities as follows:
- Plant Water System Booster Pump
- Sludge Storage Tank Aeration Blower
- Sludge Dewatering System (reconditioning of the BFP, control panel)
- Waste/Return Activated Sludge Pumps (VFD Controls)
- Effluent Pump Chamber
- Replacement of the Bisulfite Building
- Miscellaneous Repairs (Exhaust Fans, Re-Roofing and Concrete Repairs)
and modifications to the following wastewater pump stations:
- Champlin’s Marina Pump Station
- Block Island Boat Basin Pump Station
- Ocean Avenue Pump Station No. 1 and force main
- Ocean Avenue Pump Station No. 2
- Old Harbor Pump Station
The project is anticipated to cost $1,250,000.
Any comments regarding this application should be submitted to the Town Manager, Town Hall, P.O. Drawer 220, Block Island, RI 02807 within fifteen (15) days of this publication.
The New Shoreham School Committee, at its meeting held on Monday, June 17, 2013, approved the posting of the following policies for the required 20-day period prior to adoption:
Policy FBF: Graduation Requirements
Copies are available for community perusal during normal business hours at the Island Free Library, the Block Island School, and on the school’s web site (blockislandschool.net).
New Shoreham School Department Does Not Discriminate On The Basis Of Age, Sex, Race Religion,
National Origin, Color, Or Handicap In Accordance With Applicable Laws And Regulations