Public Notices - August 24, 2013
INVITATION TO BID
Separate sealed Bids will be received for the TOWN OF NEW SHOREHAM, RHODE ISLAND for the TOWN BAIT DOCK REPAIRS – NEW SHOREHAM, on or before 2:00 P.M. on September 16, 2013 at the office of the Town Manager, Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island, Rhode Island and will be opened and read in public.
Plans and Specifications (one set per Bidder) for the TOWN BAIT DOCK REPAIRS – NEW SHOREHAM may be obtained at the office of James J. Geremia & Associates, Inc., 272 West Exchange St., Suite 201, Providence, RI between the hours of 9:00 A.M. and 4:00 P.M., Monday through Friday, after August 26, 2013 (or at the Town Manager’s Office, New Shoreham Town Hall) upon payment of a non-refundable deposit of $35.00 per set (check to be made payable to “James J. Geremia & Associates, Inc.”). Bidders requesting contract documents by mail shall forward a non-refundable check (check to be made payable to “James J. Geremia & Associates, Inc.,” in the amount of $20.00 per set (to cover costs of handling), and shall provide a UPS or a Federal Express account number.
A pre-bid conference is scheduled to be held in the Council Chambers at the New Shoreham Town Hall at 9:30 A.M. prevailing time on September 5, 2013.
Inquiries relating to the Bid Documents shall be directed to: Mr. Richard St. Jean, P.E., St. Jean Engineering, LLC, 1145 Middle Rd., East Greenwich, RI 02818 (Tel: 401-398-0999).
All Bids must be submitted (in duplicate) and clearly marked:
(Sealed Bid): TOWN BAIT DOCK REPAIRS – NEW SHOREHAM Bids must be enclosed in an opaque envelope addressed to:
P.O. Drawer 220
Block Island, Rhode Island 02807
No Bidder may withdraw his Bid within one hundred twenty (120) days after the scheduled closing time for receipt of Bid.
The Town of New Shoreham reserves the right to reject any/all Bids, waive any informalities in the Bids received, and to accept the Bid deemed most favorable to the interest of the Town of New Shoreham.
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must notify the Town Clerk (Tel: 401-466-3200) three (3) business days prior to the Bid opening.
Date: August 23, 2013
Nancy O. Dodge
New Shoreham, RI
THE ZONING BOARD OF REVIEW
Wednesday, August 28, 2013
6:00 P.M. @ Town Hall, Old Town Road
The Town of New Shoreham Zoning Board of Review will be in session for a regular meeting on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 6:00 P.M. at the Town Hall, Old Town Road.
THE AGENDA IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE BY THE CHAIRMAN OR UPON MOTION OF ANY MEMBER
1. Payne’s 1614 Realty, LLC. Plat 5, Lot 111. Application for a Special Use Permit under Sections 408, 409 and 703 regarding Payne’s Harbor View Inn.
2. Merkler, William and McAloon, Shannon. Plat 9, Lot 58. Application for a Variance under Section 402(F)(1) for a six lot subdivision with less than 50% of developable land being set aside as protected open space.
1. Payne’s1614 Realty, LLC. Plat 5, Lot 111. Appeal of a Notice of Violation dated July 1, 2013.
2. Emsbo, Jane E. & Jorgen, Trust. Plat 4, Lot 32 (unit 1) Appeal of a Notice of Violation dated July 18, 2013. Specifically, violation of 1994 Zoning Certificate; Violation of Sec 113(B);Section 306(b) and Section 306(c).
3. Wall, Robert and Tara. Plat 18, Lot 45-2. Application for a Variance from Section 306(C) for construction of a deck and exterior stairs.
1. Warden’s Pond of BI, LLC and Block Island Holdings, LLC. Plat 13, Lots 14-1 and 14-2. Application for a Variance from Section 306 (C) for an Administrative Subdivision to adjust lot lines. The Variance is necessary because one lot is being diminished in size.
Approval of Minutes
THE ZONING BOARD’S POLICY IS TO ADJOURN AT 8:00 P.M.
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711 JBB 8/20/13
Block Island Conservancy is applying for accreditation by the Land Trust Alliance. A public comment period is now open. Details at www. biconservancy.org.
ZONING MODIFICATION REQUEST
Mendelson, Barbara. Plat 11, Lot 45. Zoning Modification request to construct new additions onto a prior existing Single Family Dwelling shown on the building plans as a eight (8) foot by eight (8) foot entry onto the south elevation, a twelve (12) foot by sixteen (16) foot addition onto the North Elevation and extend an existing exterior deck by three (3) feet. The proposed new construction will be located forty (40) feet from the western property line of Lot 45. A fifty foot (50’) setback is required from all property lines in the Residential A (RA) Zoning District. If no written objections are received from directly abutting property owners by September 16, 2013 the Modification will be granted.
Marc A. Tillson
Town of New Shoreham
of hearings on an applications for Variances, Special Use Permits an Appeals under the Zoning Ordinance.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town of New Shoreham Zoning Board of Review will be in session at the Town Hall, Old Town Road on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 6:00 PM for a regular meeting.
All persons interested will be heard for or against the granting of the following applications under the Zoning Ordinances:
1. Payne’s 1614 Realty, LLC. Plat 5, Lot 111. Appeal of a Notice of Violation dated July 1, 2013.
2. Wall, Robert and Tara. Plat 18, Lot 45-2. Application for a Variance from Section 306(C) for construction of a deck and exterior stairs.