Public Notices - April 12, 2014Issue # 15
Not a legal posting: agenda may be amended after press time
New Shoreham Town Council Agenda
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
- Public Hearing: proposed FY15 Budget
- Approve Warrant for Financial Town Meeting
- Act on requests from Hawkers & Peddlers licensees:
• Cindy Kelly, dba Pots & Kettles
• Andre Boudreau dba Southeast Light Delights
• Ben Edwards
- Set fee for use of Town property by Hawkers & Peddlers
- Continued item from April 7, 2014:
Review and act on request of Councilman Warfel re: utility issues:
• net metering
• avoided cost metering
• participating in SBC/RGGI
- Act on Council member Warfel’s request re: pheasant rearing program
- Boards, Committees & Commissions
• Act on Recreation Board appointments
• Act on New Shoreham Sewer District Commission and New Shoreham Water Board appointments
• Announce Board, Committee and Commission openings
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the deaf or hard of hearing must call (401) 466-3200 forty-eight hours prior to the meeting date. TTY: 711. Posted: April 9, 2014/FF
of hearings on an applications for Variances, Special Use Permits an Appeals under the Zoning Ordinance.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town of New Shoreham Zoning Board of Review will be in session at the Town Hall, Old Town Road on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 at 5:00 PM for a regular meeting.
All persons interested will be heard for or against the granting of the following applications under the Zoning Ordinances:
1. Payne’s1614 Realty, LLC. Plat 5, Lot 111. Appeal of a Notice of Violation dated July 1, 2013.
2. Saxon, Peter and Kathleen. Plat 2, Lot 12. Appeal of a Notice of Violation dated October 25, 2013.
3. BIEP, LLC. Plat 5, Lot 10. Appeal by Peckham, Inc and Lewis and Nat Gaffett of a Notice of Violation dated November 6, 2013.
4. Island Enterprises Inc. Plat 8, Lot 84-6. Application for a Special Use Permit under Sections 113(B)(4) and 309 (E) to create a twenty-seat restaurant in the barn to be open during the winter months.
5. Draper, Rita. Plat 7, Lot 33. Application by North Light Fibers for a Variance from Section 309(C) for installation of a solar electric system.
Block Island Land Trust
Monday, April 14, 2014, 4:00 p.m.
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island, RI
4:00 PM – Open Session:
1. Public Input
a. Fresh Pond mowing schedule
b. Ocean View: Beach Access update
c. K& H #2
d. Spring House Pond Lot
3. Treasurer’s Report March 2014
4. Secretary’s Report
5. Approval of Minutes: Open & Closed March 10, 2014
6. 4:30 PM– Closed Session: Acquisitions, Litigation, *
7. Motion(s) as a result of closed session discussion
Next Meeting: Monday, May 12, 2014
*This item will be held in Closed Session pursuant to RIGL 42-46-5(5) (acquisitions: confidential at this time), and RIGL 42-46-5(2) (litigation: updates for Champlin’s Marina Expansion –RI Supreme Court Case #2009-113,114,115-M.P.).
Those requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call (401) 466-3200
48 hours prior to meeting date. TTY: 711.
Posted: April 9, 2014
Voter Registration Deadline for Financial Town Meeting
Financial Town Meeting will be Monday, May 5, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. at the Block Island School, High Street. In order to participate, you must be registered to vote in New Shoreham on or before Saturday, April 5, 2014. You may register at the Town Clerk’s Office, Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island on Monday through Friday 9:00 to 3:00. On Saturday April 5, 2014 you may register at the New Shoreham Police Station, Beach Avenue, Block Island between 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. If you have questions, contact the Town Clerk’s: (401) 466-3200 or email@example.com. Posted: March 19, 2014/FF
New Shoreham Board of Canvassers Meeting
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
1. Conduct the final canvass and correct list of qualified voters for May 5, 2014 Financial Town Meeting
2. Final Planning Session for Financial Town Meeting
3. Planning and schedule for 2014 Statewide Primary and General Election
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the deaf and hard of hearing must call (401) 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711. Posted: March